Our Board, Staff and Volunteers
The Metanoia Project is a 501c3 non profit governed by a 10 person board made up of people from a variety of backgrounds and concerns. They are united by a common concern for the welfare of those less fortunate, a commitment to the mission of the Metanoia Project and a willingness to work to ensure the ongoing presence of Metanoia in the community.
Paul Sherlock – Board Chair
Jeff Nichols – Treasurer
Patti Gorman – Secretary
Megan Bonem – Executive Director email
Elena Griffin – Assistant Executive Director email
Carl Cook – Program Manager email
Dennis Ashton – Outreach Coordinator email
Beth Brackman – Volunteer Coordinator email
Lisa Bostick – Hospitality Coordinator
Our staff are an extension of the overall philosophy of the Metanoia Project. Each staff member has a significant awareness and understanding of those that come to us for help, along with the many problems they face. Our goal is to not have to turn away anyone that comes to us.
We require ALL of our staff to treat our guests with dignity and respect. We help them to do so by providing them with training that helps them respond rather than react to a variety of problems. Our staff is trained by Epiphany Midwife in non-violent communication. Additionally they are trained in mental Illness awareness by NAMI of Greater Cleveland.
Every night we are open, we are blessed with volunteers from a variety of churches and faith based groups who prepare and provide a meal for our guests. In addition to food for the body, they also provide nutrition for the spirit. We encourage all volunteers to.take the time to greet our guests with a smile and words of encouragement You will often see them coming from behind the serving table to meet and dialogue with our guests.
Following is just some of those who join us on a regular basis:
• St. Matthias Church
• St. Malachi Parish – Provides ongoing support, prayers and volunteer hours
• Advent Episcopal Church—Members donate and serve meals and provide monetary support.
• St. Basil Church—Members provide and serve meals and donate clothing, supplies, and monetary support.
• St. Malachi Center—The Center provides use of its shower and laundry facilities, promotes our work among those they serve and has allowed use of its space, as needed, on an emergency basis.
• St. Paschal—Volunteers arrive in their Care-A-Van on Saturdays, twice monthly to provide food and fellowship to our guests.
• St. Matthias – Parishioners have an on-going ministry of providing clothing for our guests as hosting meals and a yearly fundraiser.