Overnight Hospitality Center at Saint Malachi
The Metanoia Project is best known for its overnight hospitality center. The center provides sleeping accommodations, a hot meal, services, showers, clothing, and education to the unsheltered homeless on the near west side.
On April 9, The Metanoia Project completed another successful season providing overnight hospitality to our guests. This season saw a number of records broken as we navigated the challenges of prolonged extreme temperatures coupled with a decline in services typically provided by the City of Cleveland. Consider the following statistics:
· Provided a record 14,395 beds to overnight guests
· Hospitality center stayed open 50 extra critical nights for a record total of being open 132 nights
· Provided a record 17,821 hot meals to guests
· Provided clothing and showers to 1,760 guests
· Number of times our Outreach program provided housing resources: 5,769
· Graduated 7 individuals from our Courage to Change program
· Provided onsite medical care to 339 guests
In addition to these staggering numbers, we also launched a satellite location at the Catholic Worker storefront on Lorain Avenue, which allowed for dedicated hospitality and overnight shelter for 12 of the most vulnerable individuals. During the short period of time this site operated this season, four of the twelve guests were placed into housing—an incredible success!
We are so grateful to our extraordinary volunteers and donors who helped us meet the needs of so many people. Truly, we would not exist without your support.